10.04.2009
Going...bargain shopping
Continuing in our "Walktober" festivities, we headed to the mall for a fun night of walking. In our usual mall walking trips, we never hit the stores but limit ourselves to window shopping. During this outing, we definitely broke the rules. The first stop was Dunhams, where Matt was all too excited about his bargain $7 Lions hat on clearance due to its "old" logo. Men need more hats just like women need more shoes. I figured that one extra hat couldn't hurt anyone and we made the purchase. Next, we ventured into TJ-maxx. Why? I have no idea. Maybe because we were bored of being limited to the drab hallways of Centerpointe Mall. Or maybe because we felt that it was the night for bargain hunting. We were quickly separated as I found the kid's clothes and Matt found the sports gear. We joined up excited about our new bargain finds. I found a $5 pumpkin Halloween costume for Ellie (which I have been searching for but was just not willing to spend $20 on one), and Matt found an Ernie Sims Lions jersey for $13. We probably would have continued the disastrous night of spending (this is big for us!) but thankfully our friends called and we headed out. Now the question is: Will we be able to resist the urge and stick to just window shopping on our next Walktober outing? Or will we give in to the dangerous thrill of bargain hunting? You never know, Matt may just need another hat (a Tiger's 2009 AL Central Division Championship one would be nice).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment