Last week we had a Christmas celebration with the VP's. It was the most fun we've had in a long time. First of all, we got to dress up, which we never do anymore. Also, it was just our second time out on our own without Ellie. It was really nice to go out and know that she was in safe hands with her Aunt Laura! Instead of doing Christmas presents with Catherine and Aaron, we have the tradition of going out for a Christmas dinner. This year was extra-special as we found half-off tickets to the Christmas Pops concert with the GR Symphony. It was Catherine's idea, as she has always wanted to go. Then, it was my idea to make it a surprise for Matt. Knowing me that didn't last too long. That was ok. He was just as excited when he found out!
Any chance that we get to go downtown is special. We just don't do it often. Catherine works downtown so it is no big deal for her, but for us, we want to make the most of it when we go. So, as I learned from Catherine, I searched our coupons for a good deal. We ended up going to the Louis Benton steakhouse half-off. It was delicious. Too bad we had to skip out on dessert so that we were not late! We jumped in the car and scooted across town in the first snowfall of the year to the concert. It finally felt like Christmas. Especially since Catherine and I stood out in bright red and green!
The Pops concert was amazing. After years of playing flute, I have a deep appreciation for good music. The soloist Leon Williams sang beautifully. We loved every part of it. Santa even came out and directed a song (yes, a bit cheesy)! I was a bit hesitant when they asked the audience to "sing-along" to the final song. Matt wasn't. He got complimented for his singing by a lady down the aisle! We all laughed.
I still smile at the many funny moments of the night. I can't wait to continue our tradition in future years. This definitely is at the top of our Christmas celebrations!
No comments:
Post a Comment